Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Not bread, but fun anyway

So I haven't made bread in a few days. That gorgeous loaf of pumpernickel has lasted 3, onto 4, days now. And Scott and I are going to Western PA tomorrow for business/ Aunt Betty's 90th birthday celebration tomorrow, so no bread will be made until Monday. Sorry

However, I now want to introduce you to my other passions, one at a time. First - movies. Let it be said that I have now seen most movies that are nominated for academy awards for 2010. As of today, I believe The Hurt Locker will win best picture. Hands down. However, it is not my favorite movie of the year. That would be An Education. Anyway, I will be seeing Crazy Heart and Avatar next week, and that may change my mind. I doubt it, but am leaving my options open.

The next passion I have is well prepared food. Love it. Nothing from a box. All prepared from scratch from the best ingredients I can find. And seriously, I don't think that is as expensive as it sounds. For example - I make all my own salad dressings. Period. And I am happy that I know how to do that. EVERYONE loves my salads. I also use local ingredients whenever possible, and in TN, that is a vast treasure trove of goodies year-round. More about cooking later.

Finally, I have a passion for really good wine, particularly red wine. I have been to Napa/Sonoma a few times and am always impressed with what I learn there. We have a small cellar of some really special wines, but I am always open to finding that special low price value that is out of this world. For me right now, that is Marietta Old Vines No. 49. Please go look for it. Priced at about 11.99, it tastes like a 40.00 bottle. Let me know what you think.....

No comments:

Post a Comment